Thursday, January 21, 2016

Osbourne Update

Greetings Land of Osbourne readers! 

I realize its been a while since I did a real live update, not a meme, or uplifting words. So here we go. 

Lets start with my (step)son Johnathan. He moved with his Mom to a teeny town in Wisconsin and with no promising employment options, he decided to enlist in the United States Army. So proud! I spoke to him recently, he is about 2 weeks away from leaving for basic training. Way to go kiddo!  

Had a wonderful Christmas and birthday. Low key, quiet, just the way I like it. John likes to try and get me every single thing on my "list", so this year, he did the same. Spoiled? Me? (wink)

I recently sprained my left ankle. John and I had just gotten home from doing the grocery shopping, and he had said that he'd take the garbage out after we were done putting stuff away. Me, trying (in vain, it seems) to be helpful, decided to take the garbage out while he worked on putting stuff away. As I went down the front staircase at home, I missed the last step to the landing, and fell, spraining my ankle. I haven't seen John move that fast since I passed out in Cub Foods years ago at the onset of my Crohns. He vaulted himself over the banister, and was at my side in what seemed like seconds. (probably making sure I didn't fall and break my neck).  My ankle is much better. I have an air cast, and every day it gets easier to walk. 

This upcoming weekend is the 125th anniversary party at Aaron Carlson. They're holding an event at the Mall of America on Saturday, so we're looking forward to going to that. 

Monday, John and I have tickets to the final Black Sabbath tour, 17th row, on the for in front of the stage. I got these (very expensive) tickets for John's birthday in October when they went on sale.  Thinking ahead, I requested Monday and Tuesday off work.  

Speaking of work - all good for both of us Osbournes, no complaints! :) 

My Boston Terrier Ozzy has skin allergies, and we've had a heck of a time getting things under control. We've determined it must be something he eats that he is allergic to, because his skin is itchy year round, not just when he has access to grass, etc in the back yard. We've narrowed it down to probably beef, so we try to avoid beef ingredients when possible, and were using coconut oil on his skin and ears. Stopped at the vet, they gave me an antibiotic/anti fungal spray to use on him in addition to the fish oil and claratin I give him daily - its like a miracle combination! He has no more itchys now and is a very happy boy!  

Hope you are all doing well, take care! 

April Osbourne

No comments:

Post a Comment

Vehicles of Osbourne

 I am going to give you a brief overview of the vehicles my husband John and I own. (in no specific order) 2002 Pontiac Trans Am Firehawk - ...