Thursday, September 11, 2014

9/11/01

So 13 years ago, the World Trade Centers fell due to a terrorist attack on the United States. 

Everyone always talks about where they were when the whole thing went down, etc. 

13 years ago, I was working at Steven Fabrics, in customer service. I was at my desk, working on a 4 page report of Vertical Blind back orders, calling dealers, telling them when to expect their order, etc. 

I overheard in the office (I was working in a "cube farm") that a plane had hit the World Trade Center in New York. 

1st thought that ran through my mind, was some dummy in a little Cessna or something did it.  I heard someone say it was a commerical airplane. Okay, I know that couldn't have been an accident, but I couldn't imagine why someone would intentionally do such a thing. 

I knew my Dad would know what was going on, so I called Dad and he told me it was a terrorist attack on the US. 

My coworkers all had by this time turned on the news to hear more and we heard about the Pentagon. To be honest, when I heard this part, I didn't believe it. I thought it was just a rumor. Then the one in Pennsylvania crashed. I was horrified.  

After I got home from work, my husband and I were glued to our TV, total disbelief in what we were seeing. Total chaos in NY. 

I know that as an American, I will never forget, and will continue to be grateful to first responders, police and firefighters everywhere. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Vehicles of Osbourne

 I am going to give you a brief overview of the vehicles my husband John and I own. (in no specific order) 2002 Pontiac Trans Am Firehawk - ...